experimental film review


     I'm not a huge fan of experimental films. I think as a theatre person, I prefer clear storylines and arcs. Experimental films are a little too scattered and random for me, but I appreciate the work that goes behind them because I know the editing process isn't random at all. It's just not my cup of tea.

     I watched Intermittent Delight by Akosua Adoma. This film had a clear through-line, which I liked. It centered on fabric and patterns, so the whole film had a strong theme. I enjoyed the colors and imagery, especially the splicing of still photos with video. Also, the film was circular, which I thought was neat. The beginning of the film was the same as the end, so even though there wasn't really a story, it had an introduction and resolution in a way. The music, however, became a bit repetitive and overbearing in my opinion.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

bliss!

psa

twin peaks